Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mac Tip: Screensaver Showing New Books

I don't have a Mac, so I can't test this (and would be glad if a wonderful Mac person could try it for me!). However, it looks like a great tool for marketing...and it's just fun.

RSS New Books Screen Saver
http://www.rss4lib.com/2007/05/rss_new_books_screen_saver.html

Now, if someone could just do this for Windows. I wonder if you could download book images from Amazon (or get the images from the books cataloged in LibraryThing if you use that) and then create a slideshow screensaver with all of those images. Hmmm...I'll have to find time to try this and see if it can be done...

I would personally love to be able to make my desktop image change each morning with a new photo (or book covers would be great, too!). Alas, I have yet to see something that will do this, but I haven't taken a great deal of time to search for it. Does anyone know how to do this or has anyone heard it can be done?

Courtney

No comments: