Saturday, December 15, 2007

Firefox Extensions: Read it Later

I read a lot of news, blogs, and discussion lists, but I don't always have time to read some of the great stuff that is out there. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. So, when I found this extension, I was glad to have something to help!

Read it Later is a Firefox extension that allows you to easily mark any website – a news article, a blog entry, a page with several links you want to visit, etc. – as something to read later.

The extension works by placing two buttons in your browser window that look like this (for me anyway):



To save a site, just click the first button, and it will look like this:




When you finally find time to catch up on reading your articles (if you ever do!), just click the second button for your list of saved items:










After you have read something, just click the first button again to remove it from the list.

IdeaShower has also created a nice YouTube video to show this as well. The buttons are different from mine, but it works the same way.


Updated 12/27/07: IdeaShower released a new update for this extension. I downloaded it, and it still kept the items I had already saved.


No comments: