Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tech Tips: Simple Search - with Graphics!

I just took a look at SortFix. It's a simple, Google-style search box, but the neat part is that once you run a search you can choose more terms to add to your search or terms to exclude by dragging and dropping suggested search phrases into a series of boxes labeled "Add to Search" and "Remove." I tried a search and then tried a couple of additional searches by adding and excluding their suggested phrases, and it worked nicely.

The About Us page indicates that they also intend to help build search skills. I have to say, I think being able to move suggested phrases around to refine your search is a great tool. I would love to try this with a school project to see how kids react to it. It would be fun to run a search and then experiment with adding and excluding search phrases to see what happens. If someone out there gets a chance to do that, please let me know!

found via LISNews

No comments: