Saturday, December 15, 2007

Web Design Tips: Color Generators and Color Converters

I used to have a nice MySpace layout - one of those free ones someone else was kind enough to create. Well, it suddenly disappeared, leaving my MySpace profile looking a little sad. I tried to find another free layout - and there are plenty of places to find MySpace layouts online (yep, just Google "MySpace layouts"), but I wanted a layout with nice colors and no large image in the background. I found several plain layouts with no images, but I didn't like any of the colors.

But, I did find a MySpace layout generator that lets you pick your own image and colors. YAY, I say, but now what colors do I choose?

Oh, wait! I remember that I had previously bookmarked a color scheme generator (love those!!). I was able to pick out several shades of purple that coordinated nicely. Oh, dear...the layout generator requires RGB values, but the scheme generator only gives the hexidecimal values!

Determined not to be derailed from my project, I googled again and found a nice Hex-to-RGB converter. YAY!

So, after taking several steps and going the long way around to do it, I finally updated the layout for my MySpace profile. Of course, the next day I found this site with RGB codes and hexidecimal values. That would have been easier. Ah, well...live and learn.

No comments: