Saturday, March 22, 2008

BAM Challenge: March Review - How to Make an American Quilt

OK, this time I'm not late with my review for the Book-a-Month Challenge.

The March theme was Crafts for Challenge #3 in honor of March being National Craft Month. Since I love quilts and quilting is one the crafts I want to learn someday, I read How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto. This is the story of several women in a quilting group in a small town in California. A different woman's story is told in each chapter, and for each story, the author provides an analogy to some aspect of quilt-making. As each woman's story is told, the reader also gets occasional glimpses of the other women through another's eyes. It's an engaging look into the lives of several very different women who still manage to come together to create quilts.

I'm ready and waiting for the April challenge!

No comments: