Saturday, March 8, 2008

Database Tips: Where did my My NoveList account go?

EBSCO released the new interface for NoveList and NoveList K-8 this week. Here is a preview if you don't subscribe. If you do subscribe, the "Tour NoveList" link on the main page provides training materials and a video tutorial.

Now that NoveList is on the EBSCOhost platform, you may have noticed that your My NoveList account, if you have one, is missing. The personal accounts for NoveList have now been combined with My EBSCOhost accounts. So, if your NoveList lists or searches aren't now appearing in your My EBSCOhost account (as is the case with mine), you can log in to your My NoveList account by adding "~1" to the username for your My NoveList account.

For example:
Username: jsmith
Password: books2008

will now be

Username: jsmith~1
Password: books2008

I spent some time over the last two days recreating most of my lists in My EBSCOhost account because I didn't see an easy way to move them over. However, it was a good exercise in getting to know how the new interface works. This also means you won't have to keep track of separate accounts for My EBSCOhost, My NoveList, and My NoveList K-8 since they will now all be in the My EBSCOhost account.

No comments: